For too long we have blindly trusted the companies who manufacture the many products that we put on our scalp, skin, lips, inside our mouths and in the air we breathe every day.
Have you ever thought about what’s in your deodorant, shampoo, shower gel, not to mention your air freshener, cleaning products and washing detergent? All the harmful chemicals in these products are absorbed directly through your skin, accumulating over time.
Did you know that in the last 45 years childhood brain cancer went up 38%, asthma 80%, and leukemia in children went up 74%. In addition, early onset of puberty has gone up 55% and ADHD up 53%
Some examples of the types of chemicals lurking in our everyday products are:
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Foaming agent in shampoo, toothpaste, soaps
- These can irritate skin, eyes and respiratory systems, and may also be contaminated with ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane, both extremely toxic carcinogens
- Used to scent candles, shampoo, soaps, lotions, basically anything that smells nice
- Can affect the immune system, allergies, respiratory and reproductive systems
- ‘Fragrance’ listed on the label can represent over 14 hidden chemicals which are often hormone disruptors. We also call this the ‘secret’ ingredient!
- These are used as preservatives in skincare products to extend their shelf life
- Parabens mimic estrogen and can act as potential hormone disruptor
- Synthetic scent ingredient to make things smell nice
- It’s bioaccumulative and there is moderate to high toxicity concern in humans
- It’s also associated with hormone disruption
- These are widely used in personal care products to moisturize and soften skin, to dissolve and help ingredients to mix together, and to impart flexibility to nail polish after it dries.
- They are a proven cause of many reproductive health problems
- Shockingly phthalates don’t need to be listed on the label, they can be hidden under the general term ‘fragrance’!
You don’t need to have any of these chemical and toxins in your products… There are amazing natural alternatives, and we can show you exactly how to go about switching your ‘dirty’ products over to clean ones that will actually support your health instead.
There is no judgement here – we used toxic products as well for a very long time, on ourselves and our dog, and the transition to reducing the chemicals in your life can be a gradual one.
But the best part is now you’re aware of the problems that chemicals cause, you can make informed decisions about what NOT to use in your home and on your skin, hair and air! Let’s show you a better way…
The greatest wealth is health
From cooking and cleaning to pet care, face care and home remedies, essential oils provide many alternatives to harsh chemical products, allowing you to create the environment you and your family deserves.
Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years and are extremely effective because they are an active ingredient.
Whether you want to clean your home, care for your skin, get more sleep or even manage your weight, essential oils will help you to achieve all this without exposure to toxic chemicals.
We’ve done our research, because quality matters! We choose to only use the best essential oils from Young Living, and recommend these oils because they guarantee the highest quality in their oils to maintain their potency and effectiveness.
Not all essential oils are created equal, and we believe it’s best to thoroughly know and understand the entire process end to end: From choosing the seeds to bottling the oil. Which is why we trust Young Living’s ‘Seed to Seal’ guarantee.
Young Living have been the market leading essential oils company for 25 years. They have the widest range of oils and blends and own their own farms all over the world. It’s no wonder they pride themselves on their ‘Seed to Seal’ guarantee to give you the very best therapeutic grade oils.
We’re Wholistic Living! We started our small home run business in 2018 to share our passion for clean, toxin-free homes using Essential oils. Our mission is to help you make your home a safe and beautiful retreat for yourself, your family and your pets with the help of your oils…